||This is the first conference of scholars funded through the Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) program to promote faculty diversity.
The meeting will feature:
For more information go to https://www.nigms.nih.gov/training/careerdev/Pages/MOSAIC.aspx
- Remarks from NIGMS director Dr. Jon Lorsch and NIH leadership, including NIH Director Dr. Francis S. Collins and NIH Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity Dr. Marie Bernard
- Scientific sessions by MOSAIC scholars presenting an overview of their research programs, chaired by NIH institute directors:
- Dr. Eliseo Pérez-Stable, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparitieso
- Dr. Nora Volkow, National Institute on Drug Abuseo
- Dr. Richard Hodes, National Institute on Agingo
- Dr. Debara Tucci, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- NIH staff panels highlighting programs for early career investigators at academic institutions and within the NIH Intramural Research Program
- Participants requiring sign language interpretation and/or other reasonable accommodations should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 at least 3 days prior to the event.